25 Questions For Your Wedding Photographer
In my opinion, choosing a photographer to take your wedding pictures is hands-down the most important decision you will make about your wedding day [aside from the part where you're choosing to love someone for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, as long as you both shall live]. Photography contracts can get overbearing and wordy, so I've put together a list of questions for your wedding photographer that you should ask before you hire them for your wedding [in no particular order].
25 QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER
- How many hours do I have you?
- What happens if I need you for longer?
- How would you describe your aesthetic?
- Why do you do photography/what do you love about it?
- What is your approach to lighting?
- What is your approach to posing?
- Is it just you or will you have a second photographer?
- Can you show me a portfolio for your second photographer?
- How much is the deposit?
- Do I need to provide a meal for you on the wedding day?
- What do you need from me before the wedding day to ensure the day runs smoothly?
- What payment methods do you take?
- When is my payment due?
- How will you ensure our vision is realized?
- How much or little do you edit photos?
- How many pictures will I get?
- How will I receive my pictures?
- What steps do you take to ensure pictures aren't lost, deleted, or corrupted?
- According to the contract, what am I allowed to do with the pictures once I have them?
- According to the contract, in what ways are you allowed to use the pictures you take on my wedding day?
- What [if any] portion of the payment is non-refundable?
- Do you watermark your photos?
- When will I get my photos back from you?
- Have you ever photographed at my venue before?
- Do you have a videography recommendation?
What do you look for in a photographer?